MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- We develop and implement acquisition and disposal strategies.
- We focus on the deal process from strategy through to execution, accessing the capital markets and valuing, negotiating and structuring deals.
- We help our clients to complete and extract the maximum value from their transactions.
- We pride ourselves on our execution capabilities and accessibility.
- We have advised on mergers and acquisitions transactions totalling over R100bn in the past ten years.
- We have partnerships with leading mergers and acquisitions practices in China and India.
- We are recognised as a leading mining advisory team.
We help companies review and change their corporate structures to ensure optimal capital structure and the lowest cost of capital.
- We provide innovative strategies to raise capital and finance, both locally and offshore.
- We ensure that our clients have the most sophisticated and specialised debt packages that local and international financing markets provide.
- We have strong relationships with the key debt and private equity providers, which allows us to get timely introductions and competitive pricing, whilst maintaining an objective and independent approach at all times
- We are recognised for our independence, thought leadership and innovation when it comes to BEE financing.
- We have a good grasp of BEE funding structures and what is likely to succeed.
- We advise investors on the deal process from strategy to financial closure, including debt raising.
- We have been involved in some of the largest and highest profile BEE transactions in South Africa.
- We provide independent corporate valuations for internal strategic purposes.
- We use the consulting services of Professor Carlos Correira, who is recognised as one of the leading experts on company valuations and valuation methodology.
- Professor Correia has published articles in the financial press and in research publications and was awarded the Standard Merchant Bank prize three times (placing 1st or 2nd) for outstanding research published in the SA Journal of Accounting Research.
EQUITY DERIVATIVE STRATEGIES
- We apply innovative equity derivatives as risk management tools.
- We are an acknowledged leader in derivative structuring and have provided tailored solutions for clients for over 20 years.
- The derivative strategies we have designed have been used in BEE transactions: for the transfer of economic interests to BEE partners; to encourage longer-term shareholder relationships; and for the retention of BEE shareholding.
- We have also designed derivative strategies for corporates to use in share repurchases; acquisitions; convertible and exchangeable bonds; employee share schemes, and investment hedging structures.